Monday, September 11, 2006

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

Yesterday Brent and I helped with worship at our church again. He played drums and I sang. One of the songs we sang is one I learned at camp the third year I was on staff there. We used to sing it as all the senior counsellors. Holding hands and worshipping and praising God and placing the spiritual welfare of the campers who'd just left in His hands. It's a beautiful song and I sang it to myself again as I was running this morning. So, I thought I would share it with you. It is my prayer as we enter a new school year, new opportunities to minister to those around us as we meet new people. May we (I) take courage in our opportunities to shine for Him for the battle belong to the Lord and He deserves all glory and honor. The Battle Belongs to the Lord Words and music by Jamie Owens-Collins In heavenly armour we'll enter the land The battle belongs to the Lord No weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand The battle belongs to the Lord We sing glory and honor Power and strength to the Lord We sing glory and honor Power and strength to the Lord The power of darkness comes in like a flood The battle belongs to the Lord He's raised up a standard, the power of His blood The battle belongs to the Lord We sing glory and honor Power and strength to the Lord We sing glory and honor Power and strength to the Lord When your enemy presses in hard do not fear The battle belongs to the Lord Take courage my friend, your redemption is near The battle belongs to the Lord Love, Kirstin

No comments: