Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Appily Ever After

I'm gonna have to say that apples are probably my favorite fruit. Granny Smiths, to be specific. This summer Brent and I have been involved in apple harvest/processing on several occasions. In early August, we were at my parents' house one weekend when we realized that the apples were ready earlier than normal. So...we got all the necessary supplies to make 19 (approximately) pies and a wholllllllllllle lot of applesauce.

Then, last weekend when Brent was away at a class, Jorgen and I went to the farmer's market and picked up a big bag of apples. Then that night, thanks to the handy apple peeler/corer/slicer I got for Christmas, I was able to easily and quickly dehydrate the majority of them, and Brent made apple crisp with the rest.

Yum!

2 comments:

Peter and Lorraine said...

Makes my mouth water!

The Olson's said...

I love pies. I especially like the ones that taste good.