Saturday, October 06, 2007

New Vehicle: The Aptera


So I've found our next vehicle! Or so I wish it could be our next vehicle. The company that produces (or has yet to produce) this car is called Aptera.

There are two package options available. First option is fully electrical. You plug your car in at night, and the next day you are ready to cruise around for 120 miles or so (according to the website). The second option is a hybrid combination of fuel and electrical. According to the website, this option will travel 300 miles on a single gallon of fuel. This is probably in the most ideal conditions (windless, flat highway) but with this figure I calculated it would cost us $2.66 to drive to our parent's houses and back, a far cry from the amount it costs now! So Dad and Mom, wanna help pitch in for our next vehicle and maybe see us a bit more often? :) Just kidding of course!

Not only am I really impressed with this car, I though the companies website was fantastic. Take a look at it here, Aptera.com. Or just take a look at this picture of the site.

1 comment:

Alise said...

That is a super-cool car! Sadly, I don't think the 6 of us could cram into it very easily. But maybe when the kids are all grown and out of the house hubby and I can use this to visit all of our grand-children! ;-D