Thursday, January 07, 2010

Red Deer Advocate - Late RDC history instructor will be missed

Red Deer Advocate - Late RDC history instructor will be missed

A sad day in Red Deer College history indeed. Dr. Tobias was an incredible instructor. I took a first year world history class from him in my fourth year and shared inside jokes with him all semester, at the expense of all the first year students hoping to coast through the class. I also had a modern European history class with him and was totally inspired by the complexity of European politics, diplomacy and international dynamics. The undergraduate paper I was most proud of writing was for his class and I was so honoured when he showed up at a lecture I gave as a graduate student. Finally, it is to my eternal disgust that I missed the opportunity to take his "Indian-White Relations" class--to miss learning about Western Canadian history from one its greatest experts.

No comments: