Tuesday, November 22, 2005

How Many Days Until Christmas?

Day #2 of Whiney Sick Kirstin Slept in today and skipped Philosophy class, which may not have been the wisest thing to do, but I slept through the morning, and that it was lovely. Natural help for sore throats: Lemon and Honey. Learned the trick from my friend Rachel, who fed me L & H at camp when I was run down over the course of the summer. Full cup of hot water and enough lemon and honey so that they balance out and it's not too sweet but sweet enough to mellow out the lemon and lemoney enough to sooth your throat without making you pucker. It's great but we're almost out of lemon concentrate! Apparently it has antiseptic/antibacterial qualities. This weekend is the Craft Sale in Lacombe. We're going home to help out a bit and just be around because it's always an exciting time in the B. Household. I'm hoping to see some people I haven't had a chance to see in a while. It's amazing the people you see at the sale. Also, Archibalds' cinnamon buns. Mmmmm....

3 comments:

Marco, Kristin, Ellie, Joel de Andrade said...

Marco and I were just talking yesterday how we really want to make a trip down to Calgary one weekend to see you guys...and now you are coming to Lacombe! We are planning on going to the craft sale for awhile. I hope it works to get together!
Kristin

Marco, Kristin, Ellie, Joel de Andrade said...

Oh, I was going to tell you that when I had a cold my Mom gave me the same lemon/honey drink too! It was special because she gave it to me in a bunny cup and always with lots of love!

Jorgen said...

If you add a bit of whiskey to the lemon and honey it makes you sleepy, so its good to take before bed.