Monday, June 19, 2006

Himalayan Poppies and Roses

Last weekend we went home to my parents' house and spent all of Saturday cleaning flowerbeds and mowing lawn and such. Thanks to my old job at the greenhouse, my mum has a fairly large collection of perennials. I gave her two plants of the Himalayan Blue Poppy...a beautiful blue flower that doesn't always to well in our climate. I didn't really expect them to survive but lo and behold, one is in bloom and one looks like it will soon! I didn't actually pick the flower, my brothers and Brent broke the bloom off with the soccer ball... Also, the greenhouse ladies put on a "money tree shower" before our wedding last year and the tree was a a variety of rose bush I was a huge fan of. For the life of me, I can't remember what the name of the rose is, but it's in full bloom this year and doing very well! Not sure if you can see from the picture but the color is kind of a cros between a vibrant neon pink and a deep red.

No comments: