Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Two Fantastic Albums

Two cds Brent and I have been listening to lately and reallllly enjoy: Genius Loves Company--Ray Charles and Various artists. We got this one near the end of our honeymoon last year. It is a compilation of Ray Charles singing duets with various famous artists like Norah Jones, Elton John, James Taylor, Van Morrison. Very gentle but lively. Surprise--Paul Simon. Now I am a very big Paul Simon fan, in case you were wondering, all the way back to the Simon and Garfunkel days. His last cd, "You're the One" is also great. This one, however, is very different. He barely uses the African rhythms he's become famous for at all. It took us a couple listen-throughs to really get into it but now we feel like we could listen to it once a day! Here's part of the lyrics to a song called "Outrageous": Who's gonna love you when your looks are gone? Tell me, who's gonna love you when your looks are gone? Tell me, who's gonna love you when your looks are gone? God will,Like he waters the flowers on your window sill. Take me, I'm an ordinary player in the key of C, And my will was broken by my pride and my vanity Who's gonna love you when your looks are gone? God will, Like he waters the flowers on your window sill.

No comments: