Monday, October 02, 2006

Portraiture of a leaf

Have I told you lately how much I like fall? Van Morrison, one of my FAVORITE musical artists, sings a song about fall: It's a marvelous night for a moondance with the stars up above in your eyes A fantabulous night to make romance 'Neath the cover of October skies All the leaves on the trees are falling To the sound of the breezes that blow And I'm trying to please to the calling Of your heart-strings that play soft and low And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush. Trust me, it's a great song. The people upstairs have never experienced fall before. Can you imagine not knowing fall? I can't. What do non-fall people do for crafts in elementary school in September and October? What about finding different leaves? What would happen to all the orange, red and brown construction paper?

No comments: