Friday, September 21, 2007

A mixed bag

So... school's started and its as crazy busy as I expected. However, I just thought I'd throw a couple things out to keep our blog readers up-to-date and interested in reading... I can tell who's reading the blog from the blog statistics on the right side of our page. Hello Switzerland (I've been to Zurich, actually!) Hello Manchester (looking foward to a post on your visit!) Hello Vancouver (really curious how you found our blog) Hello Uncle Cor and Auntie Joanne (how's life in the North west west?) and of course our friends--and family!-- (trying to keep things somewhat anonymous) in Lacombe, Calgary, Seoul (oooh I feel so world-travelled saying that), Hamilton, Edmonton, almost-Morningside and occasionally Edinborough. Am I forgetting anyone? I always try to write entries based on our readers and what I think they would like to hear about our lives. So, input is always appreciated! Feel free to post in the comments section. We'd' love to hear from you! Right now I'm reading "Early Native North American Responses to European Contact: Romantic versus Rationalistic Interpretations" by Bruce Trigger. Not so thrilling stuff. Here's an example of Trigger's language (coming from right in the middle so it doesn't make a ton of sense but it gives you a sense of how grueling it is to understand): "The major alternative to this romantic view is the rationalistic philosophy that anthropology borrowed from the French Enlightenment" (1198). It's tough stuff. But the topic, Native/Settler exchange of culture and economy, is very interesting. A picture for Rachel and Trevor: You've seen it before, but this one's from Trev's cool fancy new camera that Brent has adjusted with Photoshop so that it's not so dark. Good times with our lovely world-travelling friends. Flowers: from our garden. My all-time favourite flowers, to be exact. (See pictures of my wedding bouquet for similarity). Pretty much this epitomizes our summer at home to me. Shasta daisies indeed. And lastly, tomorrow night we are going to see the Barenaked Ladies in concert courtesy of Mom and Dad B (thanks!). If you don't know the Barenaked Ladies and you are from Canada, where have you been?? If you're not from Canada and you haven't heard of them, still, they've been pretty high on the Pop charts...but they're not really mainstream pop. Brent's been trying to find the best video from Youtube for us to post of them and it's hard to choose! If you don't know it already, search for "If I had a million dollars" on Youtube. Totally classic. But their most recent album "Are Me" is fabulous. ...and "Pinch me" is great, as is "Another Postcard" and is "Too Little Too Late." "One Week" was really popular for a while. Heck, go out and buy some albums. And here's a music video for a multi-media portion of the blog: So that's all for now (I really need to get some work done!)

1 comment:

The Olson's said...

Hi, from the Seoul portion of your viewers. Suggestions...keep the pictures coming, we love them!!

We are heading to the East Sea tomorrow!! Yea! Talk to you when we get back.

Me, Him, and the Little hairball