Thursday, September 06, 2007

Many recent adventures!



The last couple of weeks have been a blur of activity as I ended work, we went camping, and I've started gearing up for school again. We've done some really neat things that I thought I'd share, including a fabulous trip to "Shakespeare in the Park."

I'd read somewhere about Shakespeare in the Park earlier in the summer and Brent and I biked by some kind of Shakespeare performance on our bike trip along the Bow in July. A professional acting company out of Mount Royal College puts it on every summer and performs Monday through Saturday for the months of July and August. That's a lot of performances! this year they did Macbeth and As You Like It, and Becky and Eric and Brent and I drove down to Prince's Island Park to see it.


The play was set in the 70s, rather than in Elizabethan England and the costumes, the set, some of the script and the general attitude of the play was adapted to the 70s. The stage was set at the bottom of a hill and the audience arranged their blankets and chairs on the hill looking down towards the stage.

The play was fantastic, really funny, and best of all, totally free! (Although we donated money to the cause after the play because we enjoyed it so much). If you ever get an opportunity to see this group, either at Mount Royal, where they perform for the month of July, or at Prince's Island Park, where they were for August, I highly recommend it. A good time was had by all!

No comments: