Thursday, May 08, 2008

A new artist

Recently we discovered a new musical artist in the genre similar to Josh Ritter and Ray LaMontagne etc etc. We were listening to his album this morning and one of the songs just really struck me. Perhaps it's the beautiful spring rainy day...makes me feel all romantic and mushy. Here's the lyrics...there's no music video because the album is brand new, but I found a recording on Youtube nonetheless. Great Escape Thought I could But I just can't wait Started planning For the great escape Where I'd live and What I'd leave behind Made a list of things I'd have to take The things that make me feel like hell For heavens sake Who I'd love and who would tow the line And I need you Everybody needs someone like you If you need me too You would be the only thing that I'd take On my great escape I float through this town like a cosmonaut Reminding me of all the things I haven't got Like time and space, a smile on my face and you And I need you Everybody needs someone like you If you need me too You would be the only thing that I'd take Maybe I'll find that my destination Is somewhere I already know? And your were as far as I ever had to go And I need you Thought I could, but I just can't wait Everybody needs someone like you Started planning for me great escape If you need me to Who I love and who I'd leave behind You would be the only thing that I'd take with me Who I'd leave behind I need you Who I'd leave behind Everybody needs someone like you Who I'd leave behind If you need me to You would be the only thing that I take On my great escape

No comments: