Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blowing Snow

This past weekend K and I managed to slip out of the city for a weekend away in Banff. We'll post a more thorough story of that, but I thought I'd share this one photo. While sitting in Starbucks for a morning coffee I was gazing out across the street and beyond to Mount Rundle. Though Calgary has little (or no) snow, Banff and the surrounding mountains have received a fair amount. The wind was blowing hard that morning and I noticed the snow was flying off the top of the mountain. It was a beautiful site, and I wanted to capture it. The sun was lighting up the blowing snow just right and with the dark clouds behind, gave the photo great contrast. More and more I am learning that to make great photographs you need to be in the right place and the right time, and in this case I think I was in the right place at the right time.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'd SAY. GEEZ. AMAZING.

排骨酥May said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.