Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20th Comes Again

The world-with-a-small-blonde-girl began twenty-five years ago today.
Last night we had A&C over for home-made ice cream and multiple rounds of Dutch Blitz. A in particular was a worthy Dutch Blitz adversary. We had a lovely time. And they didn't even complain about our melty first attempt at ice cream.
This morning, Brent gave me my birthday present: a small oil painting purchased at the Kamloops Farmer's Market. Daisies are my favourite, and it's a lovely painting. Best of all, it was an absolute surprise. I like surprises.

2 comments:

blueberry hill said...

Oh Happy Birthday!! Love the painting - good choice! Hope you have a truly wonderful year.
Annie xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that 'A' was winning at Dutch Blitz! From now on he'll be pumped about the game, up until that night he wasn't too thrilled :)

And the ice cream was delicious - no complaints at all!

'C'