Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mastering the Art of French Cooking

B and I saw this movie in theatre Friday night. Nora Ephron delights again. As you may know, my all time favourite movie is You've Got Mail, and Sleepless in Seattle is pretty high up there on the list too, both Nora Ephron movies, and this is another success. Meryl Streep and Amy Adams pull off their roles brilliantly. Especially Meryl Streep. By the end B and I just wanted to rush out and buy Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and cook with butter. I'm not much of a cook, but B is, and I'm all in favour of eating French food. Especially if it involves Brie and wine. Edited to add: Ha! We're not the only ones who want to go out and buy the cookbook. Check out this article on readers following up on the movie.

1 comment:

theProvidentWoman said...

I really want to see that movie. I work at a movie theatre you'd think I would have plenty of time to see it. But no.