Thursday, December 01, 2005

Gray Hair

There have been several times during the past couple years at which point I feel like my hair is going gray as a result of compiling stress. Some of the most memorable of these have been 1) After writing three English essays by hand in pencil from memory over the course of four hours for my 514 Gothic Literature Class last spring. Wow that was hard work...even with the two iced cupcakes that my prof gave each student to keep spirits up. I ended up doing very well on it, but I felt ten years older afterwards. 2) After a couple different days working at the greenhouse last spring, specifically the days when my employers had left me in charge and there were customers/staff that frazzled me. In addition, the last day of Majak Gardens forever, the day of the auction sale whereupon I was assailed by bargainhunters both successful and not for advice, for rides on the John Deere gaiter I was in charge of driving for the day and for help loading and unloading their stuff 3) Today. It's really cold here, snowy and sun-less. I'm still fighting a very persistent cold that keeps me up at night awake and coughing. I just handed in this afternoon my very last history paper for the semester. #4. That's a lot of history papers in one semester. Lastly, today is Brent's looong day at school and potentially he won't be home until six...which is a long time without my husband, in my opinion. Rachel Herbert, a friend of mine from two of my History classes, mentioned to me that they (the powers that be) should cancel school for next week. I agree. "No school for the week of December 5-9 due to lack of student interest". Sounds good! Recently Brent and I have been listening to "the Old Disc Jockey" (that should be read the Old Disc.....Jockey, as in the discs are old but the jockey isn't. :) He plays Big Band music on Sunday and Wednesday nights and it's very soothing. Good for paper-writing background music. We listen very often (heavy emphasis on the very) to CKUA Radio, an across-Alberta radio station that plays a wide variety of music...everything except today's pop music in its varied forms. We're huge fans. Highly recommend the station. You can listen to in on the internet too, as we often do. www.ckua.com That's my pitch and I'm sticking to it. :) Time to make supper, Brent'll be home soon!!

No comments: