Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snow, so snowy and COLD!

yes, i'm home, safe and sound after yet another dreaded thursday at school. luckily only another long thursday exists for this semester, unless my schedule looks bad for next year as well. with exams and final projects being due i will also be feeling the gray hair coming upon my head soon as well! just finished a felt marker assignment for class today. have you ever experienced the funny sensation that occurs in your head when you've used a sharpie for a long time? that wonderful smell is also the odor given off by my markers. so last night working on my project the livingroom started to smell pretty bad. at school today about 20 people in my class were using the same markers, so needless to say, the classroom stunk pretty darn bad. it did give me a bad headache, which only now is starting to go away. one might also note that the entire third storey, in the k-wing, of my building at school has a wonderful aroma of felt markers drifting about the classrooms and office and hallways. all three of the classes in my program are doing felting right now. i sure hope by next week the smell is gone :) but snow, the subject of my blog today, is what i wanted to talk about... when we woke up three days ago to an inch of snow i was so happy. i love snow, and most of the things that come with it, other than driving and the cold :) the past couple days have been cold!! its not a problem when we are in class in a nice heated building at school, but when one has to wait at the bus stop for 15 minutes, it gets cold! today though i had a window seat in my drafting classroom, so i could look outside from the third storey and gaze out upon the neighborhood, and what a nice view it was. nothing looks nicer than a bit of snow falling! as well the only advantage of having to come home during the dark is that downtown looks so cool at 5:00. especially with a wee bit of snow coming down. wish i could take a picture to capture the view... well, work is beckoning me, lots to do before going home for the weekend! adios amigos, male 1/2

No comments: