Thursday, October 23, 2008

I gaar, I dag, I Morgen

Yesterday (i gaar)we got a chance to spend some quality time just with A&J, and it was great fun. We learned that Danes picnic anytime, in any weather. We had coffee and cookies in a rain/hailstorm on the way home from Fyrkat in Hobro. Today (i dag) we saw more of the surrounding countryside, where A&J have memories, or where A and I have family connections. We also had a big family supper that was dejlig (lovely; delightful). Tomorrow (i morgen) we leave here, a fact about which I am quite sad, and make our way slowly but surely towards Copenhagen again, making some family and tourist stops on the way. It has been a most wonderful time here in Kastbjerg. The family has taken such good care of us and made us feel really a part, not just odd non-Danish-speaking guests. A&J have been the best hosts we could have hoped for, and we've learned a lot of Danish in the process of getting to know them and their homeland.

4 comments:

Peter and Lorraine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter and Lorraine said...

It is exciting to hear that things are going so well! Memories in the making! Always a good thing with good memories! We miss you lots and look forward to seeing you soon!!

Anonymous said...

I am so delighted that you had time to see Fyrkat! It was one of Bedstefar's delights. By the way, today is "i dag". Minor detail.

Kirstin said...

Good point, Mum. I've fixed it. I det and I dag...sound too similar to my inexperienced Danish spelling. :)

Hi Mom and Dad B!