Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Changes

I've been thinking about doing this for a quite a while...and apparently my hair (blonde, never dyed or permed) is a hot commodity in the Wigs-for-Kids world. So, on Thursday, I did it. I went to The Fringe hair salon on 14th SW, and the hairdresser who cut my hair was awesome. I was pretty nervous about the whole thing, but she was really relaxed and kind and gave me exactly the cut I wanted! She cut 14 inches off for the Cancer Society and a little bit more as she trimmed it up. I'm still getting used to this short(er) hair business, now, five days later. I am missing my easy twisted-up bun; I'm using too much shampoo and conditioner; and I keep brushing hair that's no longer there. But I'm learning, and am appreciating the quicker drying time! So there you have it. Major-change-for-Kirstin, in words and pictures. Now, to learn to use a blow-dryer and a curling iron...

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Kirstin, I love the new look.
What a nice thing to do.

Anonymous said...

i think you look beautiful kirstin! and some little girl will look beautiful wearing your hair.. :)

The Olson's said...

All we can say is WOW!