Thursday, February 12, 2009

Enroute to the Glenbow

I'm in the process of trying to finish up the last of my research so that I can focus completely on getting this thesis written, so I've spent the last couple of days on the 6th floor of the Glenbow conducting research. Yesterday at lunch I went for a walk and re-realized how beautiful downtown Calgary is. So today I took a camera with me and captured some shots. Of course, nothing so skillfully taken as Brent might, but I thought I'd share them nonetheless.
The "famous five" discussing women's rights in Alberta. I love the wise look on her face.
The archives, unfortunately very much a concrete structure. Nothing so lovely as in Denmark...
The old town hall, just down the street. I love to hear the bells.
The Jack Singer Concert Hall. We've heard all kinds of musical wonder here!

2 comments:

WNK said...

Hey, I know the famous five! They're in Ottawa, too! Here's my pic (with MIL's dog!)
http://www.zoto.com/wnk1029/img/45/b3a322721bd07fbdc0373b584fde42eb.jpg

Kirstin said...

That's really neat, Wendy! I didn't know they were also in Ottawa. I'm pretty proud that they're Albertan. :)