Friday, February 13, 2009

Mushaboom

Today is Leslie Feist's birthday, so I thought the song of the day should a be Feist song. I know there's some kind of significance to the word "mushaboom" but I can't remember it right now. I really like the lyrics though. Quite fitting to our situation at present. Mushaboom Helping the kids out of their coats But wait the babies haven't been born oh Unpacking the bags and setting up And planting lilacs and buttercups oh But in the meantime we've got it hard Second floor living without a yard It may be years until the day My dreams will match up with my pay Old dirt road, (mushaboom, mushaboom) knee deep snow (mushaboom, mushaboom) Watching the fire as we grow (mushaboom, mushaboom) o-o-o-o-old I got a man to stick it out And make a home from a rented house oh And we'll collect the moments one by one I guess that's how the future's done oh How many acres, how much light Tucked in the woods and out of sight Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap On a little road barely on the map Old dirt road, mushaboom, mushaboom) knee deep snow mushaboom, mushaboom) Watching the fire as we grow, mushaboom, mushaboom) o-o-o-o-old (mushaboom, mushaboom) Old dirt road rambling rose (mushaboom, mushaboom) Watching the fire as we grow (mushaboom, mushaboom) Well I'm Sold...

No comments: